On Sunday 23 July, the Transition Kings Cliffe group are hosting an afternoon of talks…
A meeting (24 attended) was held at Market Overton Village Hall on April 7 to discuss how as a community we could provide a healthy, low carbon environment using the resources we have within the village.
Phil England gave an excellent presentation on why there is a need for all of us to live more sustainable lives, and to protect our planet. The presentation included a number of practical suggestions such as: tree planting, repair and mend workshops, seed and garden produce swap, providing a market for local craftspeople, and providing swap events for wood, clothes, fabric and furniture. Suggestions were then invited from those attending and covered a range of topics
- Installation of solar panels
- Individual wind turbines on houses
- Move to natural household and health products away from forever harmful chemicals
- Litter pick
- Share shopping trips to reduce fuel consumption
- Sharing bins for those that have excess waste. Saves on a trip to the community waste site
- Practical methods for ensuring food waste (particularly fats) do not enter the sewers
- Establishing a village advice centre on how to reduce carbons
- Regular guest speakers
- Green idea of the month
In order to facilitate discussion and the implementation of these suggestions we have created a members only Facebook page ” Marko Eco” where these can be explored in greater detail.