The next meeting of the Rutland Climate Action Group is scheduled for Tuesday 28th of…
Mallard Pass Solar Farm: have your say
The “stage two” consultation on the proposed Mallard Pass solar farm is now open and will run until 4 August 2022. The group behind the plans for one of the biggest solar farms in the country say they have listened to public concerns and environmental assessments. In their revised plans for the Rutland/Lincolnshire border, the Mallard Pass project team say they have reduced the area of solar panels or infrastructure by 100 hectares and introduced residential buffer zones, 108 hectares of wildflower and grassland areas, and 4.7km of permissive paths. The solar farm, if built, will generate around 350 megawatts of renewable energy for the national grid. It is joint venture between Windel Energy and Canadian Solar.
Consultation events are planned as follows:
- Friday 17 June 2022 from 11 am to 1 pm – Webinar event
- Saturday 25 June 2022 from 11 am to 5 pm – Essendine Village Hall
- Wednesday 29 June 2022 from 3 pm to 8 pm – Stamford Town Hall
- Thursday 30 June 2022 from 3 pm to 8 pm – Greatford Village Hall
- Friday 01 July 2022 from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm – Ryhall Village Hall
- Tuesday 05 July 2022 from 6 pm to 8 pm – Webinar event
For more details visit the Mallard Pass website.
The initial proposals were widely criticised by local residents. The Mallard Pass Action Group is a collective of concerned residents formed from within and around the footprint of the Mallard Pass Solar Farm project.