The "stage two" consultation on the proposed Mallard Pass solar farm is now open and…
Quite often, the stuff we’re throwing away isn’t actually at the end of its life and could easily be repaired or re-used. Extending the life of your products is a great way to save money, save the planet and support your local community. Below are some top tips to help make the most of the things you buy.
- Lots of shops offer repair services – look on your high street or search online or in local directories
- You can often find easy to follow videos online that show you how to repair your products.
- Learning how to sew – at even a basic level – can help you repair your clothing/furniture, or even give you the option to make styling modifications.
- Lots of local shops offer repair services, be sure to check out your Highstreet or ask around online.
- Before throwing anything away, ask around your family, friends, and your local community to see whether anyone can make use of it themselves. You’ll be surprised what some people want!
- If you can’t find a new home for something yourself, consider donating it to charity.