Want to help the wildlife in your garden? All you have to do during May…
Repair and re-use
Quite often, the stuff we’re throwing away isn’t actually at the end of its life and could easily be repaired or re-used. Extending the life of your products is a great way to save money, save the planet and support your local community. Below are some top tips to help make the most of the things you buy.
- Lots of shops offer repair services – look on your high street or search online or in local directories
- You can often find easy to follow videos online that show you how to repair your products.
- Learning how to sew – at even a basic level – can help you repair your clothing/furniture, or even give you the option to make styling modifications.
- Lots of local shops offer repair services, be sure to check out your Highstreet or ask around online.
- Before throwing anything away, ask around your family, friends, and your local community to see whether anyone can make use of it themselves. You’ll be surprised what some people want!
- If you can’t find a new home for something yourself, consider donating it to charity.